Newtonmore Business Association began as the Newtonmore Traders Association in the 80s and the majority of members were retailers since the village had around 20 stores and also accommodation providers, trades etc. Obviously we're sad to see the village Main Street with only a few shops - our Post Office, Bike Shop, Coop, Barbers, cafes and restaurant. Currently, NBA is a wide group of business personalities from a range of disciplines who represent the interests of large/small businesses and the self-employed who are based in and around Newtonmore.
NBA role: Advocate, Collaborate, Promote & Enable
- Represent the interests and needs of all small businesses and self-employed persons in Newtonmore and the surrounding area
- Support, and work in partnership with other local organisations and community groups to further the aims of Newtonmore. NBA keen to support and assist anyone/group/organisation who are planning events in the village
- Promote efforts made to bring people to visit or stay in the area and for all local businesses to benefit through increased trade
Meet most months except the busy summer months unless there are any events or projects to discuss.
- Oversee newtonmore.com and social media (link to our facebook page)
- Village directional signage
- Newtonmore Art Project: partnership with NCWDT, NVCC, CNPA
- Events Support
- November and New Year Fireworks: assist Winter Lights Group
- Annual Litter Picks: assist NCWDT and NVCC
- Badenoch Festival: partnership with Badenoch Heritage (and others)
- Monitor & Maintain promotion of: Heritage Trail and Newtonmore Paths with leaflets, racks and Noticeboards at Ralia, Post Office and Highland Folk Museum
- Organise planting and maintain Main Street Barrels for Spring and Summer
- Support print cost of wildcat experience booklet since the 4* rated Wildcat Centre also acts as a village Information Centre
- Great Places Project: continue involvement and advocacy of village
- Issues NBA review and consult: Rail timetable changes, Transient Visitor Levy/Tourist Tax, speed limits, Community e-bike
Our village is always welcoming, very community spirited and the Business Association would like to extend an invitation to visit and enjoy our fine facilities, savour our breathtaking landscape, wilderness and exceptional folklore.
NBA will continue to promote all aspects of the village to locals and visitors. We wish to strengthen the community spirit which most individuals admire, respect and wish to support and experience.
PLEASE CONNECT, SUPPORT & ENJOY NBA in the Future
Any questions or wish to join the Newtonmore Business Association please either come to one of our meetings or contact our Chairman, either by phone or e-mail.